Friday, March 11, 2011

Clean and pristine: server after shots

Alas, I have yet to complete a project in fewer than 4 coats of paint.  But a wise person once told me that “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” I just keep telling myself that as I paint, paint, paint, paint, away.  Anyhow – here are the after pics of the table I rescued from the garage.   


Here's another shot of the table before:




I found great hardware at Lowes on clearance (one of my favorite words these days!) for a whopping $0.74 a knob.  I couldn't get to the register fast enough with these babies.  Total cost for this project was $1.57 (factoring in sales tax - the paint was left over from the dining room set makeover). 




A small confession:  When I finished the last coat of paint on the server last night, I realized there was still a considerable amount of paint left in the rolling pan.  Never wanting to waste a drop of my precious white paint, and not quite ready to put the paint brush down, I decided to put it to good use.  The kitchen island that we bought a few years ago has always bugged me because it came in “cream,” not bright white (which would have matched the cabinetry, trim, etc. etc. etc.).  Well, I thought to myself – maybe this time I won’t need 4 coats of paint, and with that I began painting away.  Before and after pics to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment