Friday, April 1, 2011

Picking Paint Part II...and other projects

Not quite satisfied with the way the Lindner blue is looking in the sunroom, and definitely not ready to settle.  So, the hunt continues.  Here's a snapshot of it along with a lighter shade, Moon Sail, in the sunroom.  Neither one has me won over. 
I'm not giving up - stay tuned for another round of colors.  In the mean time, I FINALLY got my sewing machine working.  (I received it a few Christmases ago and it has been patiently waiting for some love) You may need to sit down for husband got it working for me...yes, you read me right, and I'm a lucky lady.  I too was football-coach-sports-addicted-husband knew how to thread my sewing machine, and its all thanks to his mother.  (Thanks Deb!)  So I decided to test it out by making a few new pillow covers with some fabric I had laying around.  Here's a snapshot of one of the pillows before the makeover:

And here they are after:

And here is a snapshot of the "karate chop" look:

If you'd like to give this a try, here's how I did it: 
1. Fold fabric in half.
2. Take your existing pillow, and lie it on your new fabric.
3. Place pins around your pillow onto the fabric to create a pattern.
4. Cut fabric.
5. Sew three sides and half of the last side of the pillow. (Sew fabric with the outside facing in)
6. Turn fabric inside out (or rather, right side out) and stuff the "old" pillow (or stuffing if you're starting from scratch) into the fabric.
7. Hand sew with needle and thread the last half of the fabric to close and complete the pillow.
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment