Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Kitchen Stools Finally Get Paint

Fabric, check.  Nail heads, check.  Tack strip, check.  Staples, check.  Rubber Mallet, check.  Yes, it was a successful trip to JoAnn Fabrics today.  Now I just need to find out how to add a few hours onto the day...Until then it may be awhile before I have before and after shots to share of the wingback chairs.  I do however have something for you today that took me a lot less time to do (we’re talking two naps, tops).  A few months ago, I found two counter-height stools on craigslist for $10 (Oh, Craigslist, how I love thee).  They were mismatched, but I didn’t care.  A little paint could fix them right up.  There they sat under my kitchen table, mismatched for weeks until I found the perfect shade to paint them.   I had been admiring a photo of a door on pinterest that had the loveliest shade of blue on it.  I had no idea what I’d use it for, but I bought a small sample of it anyway.  It’s called “Boca Raton” by Benjamin Moore.  Finally it came to me as I was unloading the dishwasher. The paint is exactly the same color as my Dansk dishware.  Perfect, I'll paint the stools!
 
Here they are before:

 
 And here they are now:

No comments:

Post a Comment