Saturday, March 12, 2011

A shower gift

One of my favorite gifts I received as a bride-to-be was a package which held a few bottles of wine...but these were not just any ordinary bottles of wine. Carefully crafted on each label were the first big milestones my husband and I would reach together as a couple:  First Christmas, First House, First Anniversary, First Baby.  These custom-made wine bottles quickly became a tradition in my family.  I was recently invited to a bridal shower and decided this was the perfect gift for the bride-to-be:



If you'd like to give this a try, here's how:
1. Purchase 4 bottles of wine. (if you know the bride-to-be's favorite kind - all  the better!)


2. Find card stock, or scrapbooking paper to use as the "new" label:


3. Buy shipping labels to write each milestone on, and practice a few times before choosing a font:



4. Use the wine bottle's current label as a guide to measure how big the new label should be:

5. Cut and glue the card stock around each bottle, and carefully place the sticky label onto the bottles to complete the project:


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment