Monday, March 14, 2011

Subtle but sweet

I've recently been on a "painting things white" kick...and the other night I decided that I was going to finally take the plunge and paint our cream-colored kitchen island to match the kitchen cabinets, trim, and doors.  Since the island was already cream, I was hoping that I wouldn't need 4 coats of paint to get it bright white. Luckily, this time it only took me 3 coats...hey - I'm happy. Here is the island before "rembrandt" got a hold of it (not a huge difference in color, but enough to make me cringe):


And here it is after:



...And just for fun, lets take a peek back at what the kitchen looked like when we first bought the house:



Check out the old countertops, floors and trim around the window before its 4 coats of white paint!  A few things on my to-do list:  Find inexpensive stools to fit under the kitchen island,  change out or just remove current window treatment, remove the dated cornice over the window, paint refrigerator black, or (sigh) white...

No comments:

Post a Comment