Monday, March 21, 2011

Wallpaper taste, Wrapping paper budget

I was inspired by another blog to redo my china cabinet (which now lives in the little one's playroom). I decided however that $350 a roll for wallpaper was a little out of my budget.  So, I found some pretty wrapping paper to use instead.  Here is the before picture (not a great one, apologies!) of my dated china cabinet:



Here it is after it's paint job:


  And here is my china cabinet now:



What's neat about this project is that I can easily change out the wrapping paper for different seasons, style, mood, etc. Total cost: $28.95 ($18.95 for wrapping paper, $10 for foam board ).   If you'd like to give this a try, here's how I did it:

1. Purchase a few rolls of wrapping paper.


 2. Purchase foam board (I used 10 boards from the dollar store).


3. Measure the inside of each shelf, and cut foam board to fit exactly.


4. Wrap paper around the foam board and secure with tape.


5. Place papered foam board into each shelf.
6. Step back, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Kate- what a great idea! I would never have thought of wrapping paper as an alternative. It really looks cute in the pics, and I bet it looks awesome in the playroom.

    ReplyDelete