Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An Early Mother's Day Present

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was looking to find bar stools for my kitchen breakfast bar.  I've literally been on a hunt to find some good 'ol fixer-uppers ever since.  It's not that I couldn't find any.  No, they are (what seems to be) everywhere.  I've just been unable to find any for what I want to pay for them: no more than $10 a chair.  I know - unrealistic, if not crazy thinking, right?  Well, maybe not.  This morning, as I was doing my daily craigslist search, I stumbled upon a hopeful post: 4 Bar Stools, good condition, $25.  My initial thought was, this is too good to be true - they have to mean $25 per stool, right?  Nope - lucky for me this lady is giving me the deal of the century- $25 for 4 stools.  Here's the picture that she provided on craigslist: 
I think, with a little paint and some new fabric, I can bring some new life to these babies.  I am to pick them up tomorrow around noon.  Stay tuned for some before and after shots! 

Oh, you may be wondering, what ever happened to the settee and sunroom makeovers?  Not to worry, I'm still plugging away at them.  The big reveal still to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment