Speaking of leftover fabric...I have plenty of the Toile left over from the settee makeover. So, I decided to take some and give an old lamp a little makeover. Here's the lamp in its semi-original state (it already had a small makeover years back with a can of black spray paint).
And here it is now:
Here's how I did it:
1. Measure lamp shade and cut out fabric:
2. Use a glue gun to glue fabric to shade.
3. Glue trim to cover all rough edges.
4. Spray paint the lamp to the color of your choice.
5. Paint a design if you'd like. (I did!)
6. Step back, enjoy!