Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Throw Pillows & More

I had just enough fabric left over from the bar stools to make coordinating pillows for the settee.  Instead of making the pillows all one fabric, I decided to add depth and interest by making them double-sided.  Now I can change out the look simply by flipping the pillows over.  Here's a look at the settee with its new "jewelry."

Throw pillows are so easy to make and take little time to do. (Perfect project for a naptime!) Simply cut fabric to the size you'd like, place the right side of the fabric in, sew around 3.5 sides, stuff, and (hand) sew or glue the opening.  It's so easy and really makes a big impact. 

Speaking of leftover fabric...I have plenty of the Toile left over from the settee makeover.  So, I decided to take some and give an old lamp a little makeover.  Here's the lamp in its semi-original state (it already had a small makeover years back with a can of black spray paint).


And here it is now:


Here's how I did it:

1. Measure lamp shade and cut out fabric:


2.  Use a glue gun to glue fabric to shade.

3.  Glue trim to cover all rough edges.
4.  Spray paint the lamp to the color of your choice.
5.  Paint a design if you'd like.  (I did!)
6.  Step back, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment