Thursday, August 30, 2012

Family Room Makeover #2

 
Ready for Family Room Makeover #2? (Feeling a bit like Emily Henderson this morning)  OK, lets start from the beginning and work our way through the changes:
 

 
 
 

 
Getting better right?  Well, a lot brighter anyway.  Replaced the dark, heavy curtains for light and breezy sheers and decided to board and batten the walls to give the room more architectural interest. I. LOVE. IT. I had seen a lot of it on pinterest (honestly, what can't you find on pinterest these days) and decided to give it a try. It not only brightens the room, but it also makes it look so much bigger. We also painted the walls Benjamin Moore "Sea Glass." 
 
OK lets take a look at the progression from the other side of the room:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And let's take a look closer at the side of the room which now holds the picture gallery wall...
 
(psst...don't worry guys, the bar is out in the sunroom)

 

(I think I'm going to paint these three chairs a soft green to match the chandelier)
 

 
 
Fom this angle, if you turn around, this is what you see. (I'm trying to find "kid-friendly vignettes." Is there even such a thing? I'd love to put something on my end tables and tray on the ottoman...but have yet to find something that will fit the bill.  Any ideas?)
 
 
So if you turn your head from this angle, you will see the sconces.  I am contemplating painting these white, along with the big mirror, to soften the look a bit.  Stay tuned for those updates. 
 
 
So there you have it.  Funny how your tastes can change...One day I'll probably say to myself, what in the world was I thinking?  Hopefully not anytime soon.  For now anyway I am really happy with the results. 
 
Note: There are many projects that I have done within this makeover that I will focus more on in future posts, and will also give a step by step tutorial on how to hang board and batten.  Hope you enjoyed the makeover - have a great day!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment