Monday, September 24, 2012

Heart of the Home

 
Any room that you spend the majority of your time in deserves to be bright, cheery and welcoming. That was the goal anyway when we decided to update our kitchen. As with the rest of the house, this room has undergone a few “makeovers.”
 
Here is a shot of the kitchen when we first moved in:
 
 
And here it is with Valspar’s “Pewter Mug” painted on the walls.  We also updated the flooring, painted the trim Sherwin Williams "Extra White," and replaced the countertops.  I  added a kitchen island where most of my food prep took place, and changed out the light fixture.  Though the kitchen was a lot brighter, it still left something to be desired.

 
As I have mentioned before, while preggers with baby #2 I did a lot of pinterest surfing. One thing I kept seeing more and more of was open shelving. Any Sarah Richardson fans out there? Here was one of her makeovers that lead to my soon obsession with open shelving:
 
 
Tune in tomorrow to see what our kitchen looks like now! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment