Monday, September 10, 2012

Footstool Makeover Part 2


It really is amazing to me how fast a weekend will pass by.  We spent ours under the lights at a football game Friday night, then at my nephew’s 1st birthday party on Saturday…don’t know what happened to Sunday – it was here and gone in a flash. Now it's back to the grind.  I am literally blowdrying waiting for paint to dry as I write this post.  Truth be told, I had everything set and ready to go last night then decided this morning that the color I chose for legs of the footstool just wasn’t quite right.  Luckily, I had some leftover spray paint in my closet from one of many chandelier makeovers that (fingers crossed) will be just the right shade. 
Here is the footstool “before”



 And here it is now….
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
I used my 40% off coupon at Jo-Ann's to buy the fabric, it was $3.50 for the flower print, and $0.50 for the swiss dot ruffle.  I also bought 2 packets of nail heads for the trim for $1.50 each.  I mentioned above that I used leftover white spray paint, then just buffed the edges with sand paper to give it a shabby chic look.  Total cost for this footstool, $14...not too shabby!  Check back in later this week for the tutorial.  Thanks for stopping in, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment