Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Brightening Up

I decided that now was as good a time as ever to paint the mirror in my living room, especially since I still had paint left over from the downstairs bath (same color I used for the motley crew: Benjamin Moore’s “Healing Aloe”) The perfect solution, I think, to tie everything in the room together and give it a tone on tone look. Here is the mirror before:


And here it is now:

 
I think the lighter shade gives it a softer, more cottage-y feeling.  Do you?
 
Here’s a tip: if you’re looking to buy a light-colored or white-framed mirror, don’t. For whatever the reason, they are (at least in my experience) usually more expensive. Save yourself some cash by getting a less expensive mirror and painting it to whatever color your heart desires.


You might also have noticed that the sconces on either side of the mirror are gone. I sprayed them white but may be moving them to another place entirely. Check back in later this week to see what I’ve got up my sleeve as their replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment