Monday, August 27, 2012

Cozy Nook

Good Morning!  I hope you had a nice weekend.  Ours was spent in Maine celebrating my Grandmother's 90th birthday....Happy Birthday GiGi!  I only hope to be as lucky as she one day and be able to see my children and my children's children all together.  I think my favorite part of the whole weekend was sharing stories by the campfire.  Just a little good old fashioned fun...no tvs, computers or phones to get in the way and steal our attention.   Just the crackle of the fire and hum of our voices.  A perfect little getaway before it was back to reality this week. 

So, I thought I would kick off the week with another project that we did while I was pregnant.  (I did a lot of pinterest and blog surfing to feed my DIY cravings while I was with-child).  One day I came across an adorable picture of a reading nook and just had to find a way to create one in our house.  I envisioned the kiddos all nestled in amongst fluffy pillows with books and flashlights.  After a bit more pinterest surfing I decided that the perfect place would be in the toy room, where I gave the china cabinet a makeover and turned it into a toychest.  Since most of the time it looked like the picture on the left, instead of the picture on the right...I decided it was time for it to go.  

     

And just for fun, a step further back to see what it used to look like before the first makeover:


A bit of demolition, framing and lots of beadboard later (admittedly I have a not-so-secret love for beadboarding) we now have a cozy nook of our own...




 
 

  ...Come on in...relax, stay awhile.








No comments:

Post a Comment