Thursday, September 20, 2012

Repurposing an Old Window

I picked up an old window pane at one of my favorite flea markets for just $3 (talked the guy down from $5, what a bargain!).  At the time I had no idea what I was going to do with it, or where I’d put it…I just thought it looked charming and cottage-y.  It has been sitting on my dining room table for weeks until just this morning….
 
I decided that the bathroom "nook" would be a perfect new home for it.  Here is the "nook" before:
 
 
And here it is after: 
 
Now the window doubles as cottage décor and a picture frame to boot! I like how the Benjamin Moore “Healing Aloe”shows through and acts as matting.   My inspiration came from a Better Homes and Gardens email and I couldn’t wait to give it a try.  
 
Now I just need a magazine rack for the space.   I am on the hunt for a vintage ladder that can double as one.   If you follow me on pinterest, you probably already had a clue that I had been admiring them!   Do you have any fun décor tricks that you’ve recently tried?   I really enjoy repurposing old things and making them useful in other ways…I’d love to hear what you’re doing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment